We have found that the answer to this one question says a lot about your dating style and finding a perfect match. It’s also interesting to note that many times, a client of ours will think they are introverted but actually lean more towards extroverted. So do you know who you really are? Take this mini quiz and find out!
1. I prefer one-on-one conversations to group activities.
2. I often prefer to express myself in writing.
3. I enjoy solitude.
4. I seem to care about wealth, fame, and status less than my peers.
5. I dislike small talk, but I enjoy talking in depth about topics that matter to me.
6. People tell me that I’m a good listener.
7. I’m not a big risk-taker.
8. I enjoy work that allows me to “dive in” with few interruptions.
9. I like to celebrate birthdays on a small scale, with only one or two close friends or family members.
10.People describe me as “soft-spoken” or “mellow.”
11. I prefer not to show or discuss my work with others until it’s ?nished.
12. I dislike conflict.
13. I do my best work on my own.
14. I tend to think before I speak.
15. I feel drained after being out and about, even if I’ve enjoyed myself.
16. I often let calls go through to voice-mail.
17. If you had to choose, I’d prefer a weekend with absolutely nothing to do to one with too many things scheduled.
18. I don’t enjoy multitasking.
19. I can concentrate easily.
20. In classroom situations, I prefer lectures to seminars.
The more often you answered True, the more introverted you are. If you found yourself with a roughly equal number of True and False answers, then you may be an ambivert—yes, there really is such a word.
Note: This is an informal quiz, excerpted from QUIET by Susan Cain (CROWN), not a scientifically validated personality test. The questions were formulated based on characteristics of introversion often accepted by contemporary researchers.